Tax Investigations, Tax Tribunals and Tax Enquiries
How We Help
We’ll reduce the stress of dealing with your HMRC Tax Investigation, Enquiry or Tribunal. We’ll also get you the best possible result because we’re more than standard Chartered Accountants:
- 60% of our tax staff have previously worked for HMRC – so we know how to effectively work with them – on your behalf.
- We employ an in-house Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA), qualified by the Chartered Institute of Taxation. (CTA is the UK’s highest tax qualification.) He provides the highest quality tax advice available.
- We provide fee protection insurance even if an HMRC inquiry or investigation has already started.
- We have a high success rate in resolving tax issues by:
- Helping clients negotiate the best outcome with HMRC.
- Reducing HMRC penalties, using technical tax reasoning.
Areas of Expertise
- We have in-depth experience with:
- Personal tax issues.
- Corporation tax.
- Personal non-disclosure.
- Bounce back loans.
Case Study – HMRC Fraud Inquiry
Our new client had taken legal advice for a year but HMRC had refused to close a COP9 fraud inquiry until all their corporate tax affairs were also resolved. The client also wanted to recover a key asset.
They also had minimal records.
How We Helped
We brought the client’s corporate affairs up to date for the entire group (around 20 companies for around 5 years).
We negotiated with HMRC to minimise the tax liability taking a different approach to that of the client’s lawyers.
We succeeded in reducing our new client’s tax liabilities by about £250k.
We also provide fee protection insurance even for new clients, when an HMRC inquiry or investigation has already started.
Our specialist tax skills will help quickly bring your tax affairs to a swift and successful conclusion – and relieve your anxiety and financial stress.
Contact us today, to resolve your HMRC issues – and get your life back on track. You’ll be pleased you did.