Personal Tax Services
We complete a large number of personal tax returns.
We take a holistic approach and understand all your financial affairs and aspirations. For example whether to claim a relief in one year or another can affect the rate of tax – and mortgage affordability.
We help with areas such as:
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Income Tax.
- Inheritance Tax.
- Trust Funds.
- Non-Domiciles and Income Tax (remittance basis, RBC ,double taxation, tax treaties, residency).
- Tax Investigations and Tax Enquiries We have a strong record of bringing tax investigations to a swift and successful conclusion.
We can also help with complex taxation issues such as:
1) Personal Tax Advice for Non-Residents
The UK tax net is cast over non-residents with UK income – often these are overseas landlords. We’re able to manage the complexities of double taxation, disregarded income and the availability of allowances.
2) Personal Tax Advice on Arriving in the UK
There can be significant opportunities to reduce the UK taxes for those relocating in the UK.
We have experience of advising both employees and employers in relation to UK arrivals.
3) Personal Tax Advice on Leaving the UK
Leaving the UK, whether temporarily or permanently has tax consequences. Income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax can all be affected. Professional tax advice before departure is key.
We secured a significant tax refund of several hundreds of thousands of pounds for a former UK employee of a multi-national company because his employer decided erroneously to tax a post cessation bonus.